I have a system running Linux Mint 17 with 4 workspaces.
Now I need to record webcasts from http://www.sans.org using recordmydesktop (or other screenrecording/capturing software), while I still use my system for other purposes.
So I wonder if anyone have any experience in running the webcast (and recordmydesktop) in one workspace (or possibly two independent workspaces) while working in another workspace.
For instance running recordmydesktop in workspace 1, running the webcast in workspace 2 while the user works in workspace 3.
It could also be possible to run both the webcast and recordmydesktop in workspace 1 while the user works in workspace 2, but maybe it's better to run them on different workspaces... (?)

Seems to me that the solution must be to use the Window ID of the window running the webcast. Then this ID can be used when starting recordmydesktop to record that window...
(It looks simple but I have not tried it yet...)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.