Hey everyone,

I'm still trying to get my mouse to work properly in Fedora 6.0

I am using a razer diamondback mouse, and only 2 of the 9 buttons work.
I've looked at some of the conf.org file suggestions, but can't make heads or tails out of it.
could someone treat me like the ignorant user I am, and post a step by step guide to what I should do?

I have also submited a ticket to http://www.razerzone.com to ask for Linux drivers.

Thanks!
:mrgreen:

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

I don't have a Xorg.conf file...

It should be in /etc correct?

>I don't have a Xorg.conf file...
Every system has one, although it's not always installed in the same place. The most common place for it to be located is /etc/X11/xorg.conf, but if you can't find it, try searching your filesystem for it.

Basically Xorg.conf is responsible for configuration of essential computer peripherals, monitor, etc. Changing this file allows you to effectively reconfigure your mouse to take advantage of (nearly) all of its buttons.

Actually, I've heard Fedora has a new way of configuring X11 without an xorg.conf, but I don't know if it's out in FC6 or not (I think it's an optional package, or perhaps still in beta). FC7 will likely not have an xorg.config though, IIRC.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.