I have OS x 10.4.11. For awhile now, Safari hasn't been working properly. For example, when I'm entering text, the cursor doesn’t move forward when I type characters like @, ".",$,#, &,* etc. When I type a lowercase letter the cursor jumps to the correct position. Also, when I hit tab, it takes me the the address bar at the top of the window.

I think the problem started after a software update. I have been using Firefox since the problem with Safari started, but prefer Safari and would like to get this sorted out.

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

This can be resolved by enabling the Develop menu in your Safari menu bar. If it isn't already there, enable as follows

Go the Safari-> Preferences -> Advanced,
Then check the checkbox for "Show the Develop menu in the menu bar"

To fix the problem, you will need to select the browser you want Safari to emulate::
Select Develop menu -> User Agent
Then select the browser. I would try Safari first and if that doesn't work try one of the Internet Explorer versions.

Hope this helps

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.