After typing out a document in iWork consisting of three or four pages, I then want to print it out in duplex (printing on both sides of the page). Is this possible. d.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Member Avatar for coil

Go to the Print dialog (I believe cmd-P), go to Presets, then Layout, and then choose one of the two options (long-edge/short-edge). Assuming your printer supports double-sided printing, it should work.

Hello coil.
No, afraid not, not for me anyway. When I go to the print dialog then Presets ( which is the one below the name of the printer) I get

Standard
Last used settings
Save
Save as
Rename
Delete

I have Snow Leopard if that means anything. I don't see a "Layout" on the drop down any where.

One other thing, and you can tell me to mind my own business if you wish, what is a "Junior Poster in Training? d.

Member Avatar for coil

Hm. Try this:

Go to Print dialog, and beside the little drop-down box with the printer name, there's a little arrow. Press it, and the dialog should expand with a whole bunch of options. One should say "Two-sided", and if your printer supports it, you should be able to select it.

Oh haha that really doesn't mean anything. Basically, the forum has different titles for you depending on your post count. I think at 20 posts or 25 your title changes from Newbie Poster.

Hi coil.
Well, I have i got a right one here. Got the drop down as you directed but there was nothing obvious but, down towards the bottom there was a box with the word "Safari" in it and an arrow on the right for a drop down, did that and this is what I got.
Layout
Colour Matching
Paper Handling
Cover Page
Scheduler
Below all these but, all crossed out are.

Quality Media071200a
Colour Options071200a
Special Effects071200a
Borderless Print071200a
Duplex Print071200a

When I clicked on Duplex Print this is what came up.

The Bundle "Duplex Print071200a" couldn't be loaded because it doesn't contain a version for the current architecture .
Contact the bundle's creator listed here for the latest version.
DuplexPrint071200a version 7.12.0 copyright Canon Inc 2001-2008 All

When I clicked on any of the items that were crossed out each one gave the same answer.

What one might call, food for thought. d.

Member Avatar for coil

I think what it's trying to tell you is that your printer software for duplex printing doesn't work on Snow Leopard.

Try doing a search for the latest drivers from your printer's manufacturer and installing them.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.