12/3 Aloha
Since there is not a forum specific for imac system 9.2.2
Thought someone here might know what this all about.
My external cd/RW-DVD will not load any music CDs.

It will read data disks just not music CDs.
Anyone got a clue??

Tks..... stewart@winning .com

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

12/3 Aloha
Since there is not a forum specific for imac system 9.2.2

Actually there is...

OS 8 / 9 and Legacy Hardware

What troubleshooting have you done?

Actually there is...

OS 8 / 9 and Legacy Hardware

What troubleshooting have you done?

==================
12/5
Restarted several times using different config of Exten. Manager. Taken somethings out of control pannel..
Still nothing, works fine when hooked up to
usb2 on PC.
Just wondering if my hub into the imac which is a usb1 and if I really need a usb2 for mac to make this work. The new cd external drive is not a firewire hookup The Lacie I have had hooked up firewire, worked fine for 2 years but stopped reading any disks.
So, I replaced t with this iomega cd/RW-DVD usb hookup.

Anyway it is still not reading music cds, commercial or otherwise and it woruld not read a disk with jpg pictures made for me by a friend.. Data disks work OK,
Ohyea I did a de Frag with N.Utilities and also rebuilt the deskTop. I did not realize this was a usb hookup, so I MAY just send it back as i really wanted a Friewire, Anyway, I got 30 days but, I would like to get it working now
What are your suggestions
Tks Stewart@winning.com

The hub shouldn't make a difference, as thereis a 0% chance your Mac handles USB2.0. It's definitely a USB 1.x. I'd suggest taking the hub out of the loop for the moment, hooking it up directly and seeing if it works. It's strange that it won't deal with music CDs but does OK with data. Are there any relevant drivers from iOmega?

The hub shouldn't make a difference, as thereis a 0% chance your Mac handles USB2.0. It's definitely a USB 1.x. I'd suggest taking the hub out of the loop for the moment, hooking it up directly and seeing if it works. It's strange that it won't deal with music CDs but does OK with data. Are there any relevant drivers from iOmega?

======
Thanks!!
I am going to return it as nobody seems to have a clue. My local fix it can replace the front slot loading dvd drive
on my Imac for only, (choke, choke) $175. That slot never worked as you may remember, class action against Apple in 2000, that's why the external.
Tks again!! ....... end of story :cheesy:

Thread moved to OS 9 and legacy hardware forum.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.