I took some video clips with my iPhone. I emailed them to my MacBook. I uploaded them to iMovies. The clips appear upright, but the video plays it sideways. Is there any way to flip the video right side up?

Thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

can show me an image how it is playing?

Try selecting the clips again. This time after selecting the clip, go to Crop, Rotate and Ken Burns. At the video box ( right hand corner ), you will see two arrows sign. Click on them and rotate the video. See whether that helps. All the best

That did it!
Thank you very much for your help!!!

Glad I can help, do come back to daniweb if you have more problems:)

I took some video clips with my iPhone. I emailed them to my MacBook. I uploaded them to iMovies. The clips appear upright, but the video plays it sideways. Is there any way to flip the video right side up?

Thanks.

Check out this URL
http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/rotate-video-files-mac-pc/
Make sure you scroll to the bottom section of the page.
Don't you just hate it when it is so simple and free on top of it!

commented: Great link:) +11

Hi macmad, nice link but I have already provided the solution to the original poster.

Sorry, I missed that. Still working on my first Java!

Good luck in that. Cheers;)

P.S Have I met you before in the mac forum here. I sure seems to see you helping out before. Do you know another poster by the name of royng?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.