Hello, my boss gets very upset when he is replying to an email and when he clicks on send button, all of the sudden he sees "the operation failed" error . (This was a regular email, with no attachments)
So outlook basically was not functioning. Every email that I was trying to open gave me an error "cant open this item". Something has to do with Word maybe, since There is "Word" name on "the operation failed" window. But I can't disable Word in the Options because he likes to reply with the red font. I reinstalled Outlook, and the problem persists. I recreated his profile. I checked for spyware and fully patched his machine. his mailbox is on exchange and 5gb in size. i dont know what else can i try?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Member Avatar for iamthwee

Try a partial system restore, roll it back as far as possible, a couple of weeks perhaps.

Even if you reinstall outlook that won't guarantee all previous corrupted files and corrupted registry entries are erased.

Try a partial system restore, roll it back as far as possible, a couple of weeks perhaps.

Even if you reinstall outlook that won't guarantee all previous corrupted files and corrupted registry entries are erased.

I checked his pst with that pstcheck tool. No errors were located. I'm trying to avoid to roll back ms patches since I heard that sometimes it equals to suicide attempt. Besides, eventually, I'm going to need new patches. So i's running a bit faster (his outlook). But I'm still at the crossroards.

Member Avatar for iamthwee

I'm trying to avoid to roll back ms patches since I heard that sometimes it equals to suicide attempt.

That's bull.

Trust me, you can download all the patches for outlook and checking programs you like and still make no progress.

Make your life simple, do a roll back. Job done. If need be, then do a full virus check and download the latest security updates from microsoft.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.