CferMN 0 Newbie Poster

We are installing a Pharos Uniprint setup here on campus. We have just switched to Active Directory authentication as well. I have had to make some adjustments and add some .plist files to the System folder to make our defaults work.

The problem I am running into is that I do not know where Uniprint is getting it's information. I tried moving the printer application into /System/Library/UserTemplate/English.proj/Library/Printers, but that didn't seem to fix the problem.

After I run the Uniprint install software, either in admin or root mode, I can get the software to work at that time. But because my admin and root user accounts are local accounts and are not authenticated into the domain, they cannot print to the Uniprint queue. If I switch to a user in the domain, they don't even print, period. It acts like it is printing, but I don't get the popup authorization from Uniprint and nothing gets printed out.

Has anyone else come across this situation? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.