I posted a message last week about some trouble I was having when I boot up my machine. A host of unknown applications were opening up and drastically slowing down my PC. So I went and downloaded Spybot and Grisoft, ran them and I am still having the same problem. Is it time to call in a professional or what? When I ran AVG, no viruses were found. Can my PC be saved?

Thanks!

I posted a message last week about some trouble I was having when I boot up my machine. A host of unknown applications were opening up and drastically slowing down my PC. So I went and downloaded Spybot and Grisoft, ran them and I am still having the same problem. Is it time to call in a professional or what? When I ran AVG, no viruses were found. Can my PC be saved?

Thanks!

when you ram them did they find and remove anything ,did you run them again to check and remove them again ,have you gone into RUN/msconfig /startup and unchecked any program that you know don't need to be running .or in add/remove programs and uninstall these programs . :rolleyes:

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.