error rpcSs.exe 100 cpu usage with no application running on windows nt workstatin 4. :-|

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Start by doing a thorough scan for virues and malware. Go to the Security forum and read the top "Sticky" posts for help on how to start.

Start by doing a thorough scan for virues and malware. Go to the Security forum and read the top "Sticky" posts for help on how to start.

I have tried virus scan and spy ware but no gain
i have removed NetBUIE protocol and my system it running like a tiger & horse
but i want to know that it was installed before three months and problem has occured now why? :?: :?:

Impossible to say. The rpc service is used to allow remote procedure calls from another pc on the network to run application services on the local machine. There are various rpc attacks that can be performed across a network against the ports the rpc service listens on. Since we don't know if you are even on a local network, this may or may not be a possiblity. In any case, you don't need netbui and since you don't need it, you're better off without it.

All Service packs installed?

Tried Google?

(Sorry, I'm unfamiliar with NT 4.0)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.