On my system at work animated gifs display only as static images in IE. I've checked that displaying animation and displaying video are enabled in the IE options. I'm on XP pro and also running Zone Alarm firwall. I can't find anything in ZA controls.
Does anybody know what it might be?

I found the problem. Zone Alarm. Turn it off, refresh page, gifs animate. Turn ZA back on, gifs still animate. Only the ones already loaded though. Go to a new page and they don't. I just can't find configuration controls in ZA for this though. I'll keep at it and let you know in case anyone else has the same problem.

Solved it. In privacy>ad blocker>animation (disable it)

2ner, you rock!!! Had this problem tonight, up until I read your posts. Solved my problem exactly. Thanks!!! :D

i am on windows7 and cannot get animated avatars on to my forum i can down load them and the are animated but if i try to load them on to my forum they become static i am a novice PCer

i am on windows7 and cannot get animated avatars on to my forum i can download

them and the are animated but when i load them on to my forum they become static
i am a novice PCer any ideas

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.