Until a couple of days ago, I had no problem seeing http://1337share.com in IE6 under WinXP. But now, the top of the page shows several boxes with a red x in them (as a placeholder instead of the pictures that should be there, even though I have "Show pictures" checked on Advanced Options, and don't have "Show image download placeholders" checked), and the rest of the page consists of a series of page-wide blank boxes of varying heights. Text appears in only one of them: Log in. If my mouse passes over a link, the text that would normally be displayed by hovering the mouse over that link then shows, and clicking on it does take me to that link's page, albeit with the same display problems. I'm attaching a screen capture. Ignore the screen capture program's icon in the center of the screen, which I couldn't figure out how to get rid of.
I tried it on another computer here at home that has a dial-up connection (this one has DSL) to the same ISP, and there, the page displayed perfectly.
This is the only site I'm having a problem with, and, as already mentioned, I never had a problem with it until a couple of days ago.
I tried adding it to the Trusted Zone, and I also added it to ZoneAlarm's list of sites, enabling mobile script, to no avail. In addition, I cleared out IE's cache and history, turned off the computer, and disconnected the modem, none of which solved the problem.
Given that it's just one site, a virus or spyware is highly unlikely to be the cause, and all scans for malware are negative.
I'd be grateful for ideas and suggestions.