Hi!
I want some information on windows vista with reference to operating system, about its process , memory, I/O, and file management. But i cant find any proper site containing all or any of this. Can anyone plz tell me where to get this sort of info on vista. Thanx.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

And you probably won't either except maybe some very high-level explainations that don't go into much detail. Microsoft isn't in the business of giving away its company secrets. If you want to know how to use the operating system then there is lots of information about that.

And you probably won't either except maybe some very high-level explainations that don't go into much detail. Microsoft isn't in the business of giving away its company secrets. If you want to know how to use the operating system then there is lots of information about that.

As a matter of fact i do need some indepth knowledge regarding the memory structure, the paging scheme etc etc. and i also know that microsoft wont give away its secrets. But still i have to research vista to be able to explain its internal working.

I suppose you could call Microsoft Techn Support for $100.00 USD/hour (or so) to find out where to get the information. Myself, I have no idea where to get it. I assume you have already tried these links.

you will not find that information anywhere, it' like trying to get the schematic diagram for the opearting system, basic information liike file type 32 bit or 64 bit handling with be available but not how it work interms of memory access.

microsoft wont release hardly anything to developers let alone the general public what specific info do you need??

The Reliability and Performance Monitor will give you a wealth of information about how Vista runs. Try it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.