I just bought what is called a recyled hardrive because my other one just died. the problem is my computer doesnt recognize the hardrive. i have a dell inspiron 600m with a toshiba hdd i just put in. i know you can only install those drivers using a floppy but i read around and found this nlite program that i am trying out but i dont know what drivers to get or where to get them. i made a boot up disk once already through nlite but im guessing i didnt have the right drivers because it didnt work...so does anyone know what and where the raid drivers are that i need?????

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

Why do you think you need a RAID driver?
Look in computer management and see if this drive needs to be partitioned and formatted.

it does need to be partitioned and formatted but the cpu does not recognize the hdd. so before i can partition and reformat i believe i have to install some RAID drivers first and i was wandering what ones i need and where to get them.

You haven't answered either question:
Why do you think you need a RAID driver? (I don't think you do).
Have you looked for this drive in Computer Management? This is where you would partition and format it.
Right-click My Computer/Manage/Disk Management
Look for a new drive that's not partitioned and/or or formatted. Right-click to do both.

I dont even have windows on my computer. i am trying to put it on. i just put in a blank harddrive.

I guess what im trying to say is that the Bios screen detects harddrive as "none". how do i get the hard drive detected because im almost positive there is no problem with the hard drive. i think it is just blank and needs something to make it recognized.

Is this the regular internal drive or the one that goes in the bay?
If you know this drive is good, and it's not detected, you need to double-check that it's installed properly. A loose IDE or power connection could cause this.
Your install CD will format and partition the drive (XP).

Hi,

My name is Todd and I'm with Dell's onilne outreach program. What you may need to do is reset the BIOS in that system so it will re-read drives and hopefully locate the replacement hard drive you've installed.

Depending on which version of BIOS you currently have on your system, you should be able to tap <F2> during start up to enter System Setup and follow the directions on screen to reset the BIOS to factory settings. It should then attempt to reread any drives, including optical drives, in the system.

Try it and let me know if it works. I'll stop back to see if there is anything else I can do to help.

Thank you,

Todd

Customer Advocate
Dell, Inc.

http://direct2dell.com/one2one/archive/2006/11/19/3648.aspx

I have a Dell Precision 370 Worksation PC and I am trying to install Windows XP, I am trying to find the correct RAID drivers so I can accomplish this. Could someone please tell me where to find the drivers?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.