I got a new camera and docking station and after installing the software things have gone wrong with my PC. The PC boots as far as the login screen, i click on my profile and the profile begins to load but soon after the PC reboots before the desktop is loaded. This happens on all profiles. I have tried booting from last known good configuration but the same problem exists. I have booted in safe mode and deleted the camera software but still no joy. I have tried the SFC command in DOS and still no joy.
Does anyone have any ideas that can help? The only thing left to try is a repair using the Windows XP disk. I do get a blue screen if i take off the protection and a STOP code of 0X0000007E but it appears to be a generic error and i have checked everything it points too.
Any help would be appreciated
Thanks
Gareth

Contributors
Replies
Views
9 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by collierg

try the windows repair ,and do a chkdsk /f
just might be the fix you need !

Cheers, i treid the chkdsk but on reboot the blue screen pops up before the chkdsk can run.
Is there a way round this?

Cheers, i treid the chkdsk but on reboot the blue screen pops up before the chkdsk can run.
Is there a way round this?

thats nothing to cheer about.lol ,did you use the winxp cd to run the recover consul to run the repair option and then type in chkdsk /f at the prompt

nah i just used the chkdsk from DOS, i can't get my hands on the disk until tomorrow for the repair so il be trying that with fingers crossed when the time comes.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.