I reinstalled Windows XP with SP2 and everything works perfect, except I can not get Print Shop 20 Deluxe to install correct. I had this program installed on this computer before and did not have a problem. I installed it on my other computer to make sure the disc was ok, and it works perfect on the other computer. When I install the program it appears that everything installs fine, however when I click the program shortcut icon on the desktop, or open it through the Start – Programs menu it tries to run another install series. When I click the icon I get a message that says, “Please wait while windows configures print shop”. The next message I get says, “The feature you are trying to use is on a CD, insert and click ok”. If I put the CD back in the drive and click OK, I get a message that says, “Please wait while windows configures print shop. Then the Print Shop Logo pops up and stays on the desktop. After that nothing else runs until I stop the program from running. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

I reinstalled Windows XP with SP2 and everything works perfect, except I can not get Print Shop 20 Deluxe to install correct. I had this program installed on this computer before and did not have a problem. I installed it on my other computer to make sure the disc was ok, and it works perfect on the other computer. When I install the program it appears that everything installs fine, however when I click the program shortcut icon on the desktop, or open it through the Start – Programs menu it tries to run another install series. When I click the icon I get a message that says, “Please wait while windows configures print shop”. The next message I get says, “The feature you are trying to use is on a CD, insert and click ok”. If I put the CD back in the drive and click OK, I get a message that says, “Please wait while windows configures print shop. Then the Print Shop Logo pops up and stays on the desktop. After that nothing else runs until I stop the program from running. Any suggestions? Thanks.

I have the same problem. Did you ever get a solution?

Craig

I have the same problem. Did you ever get a solution?

Craig

Craig,

I did find a solution, however you may not like what I had to do. You probably know that when you reload an Operating System over your old system, it does not totally format the hard drive and there are a lot of files left on the drive. Apparently something that was left would not allow the Print program to load properly. I removed the hard drive from the computer and put it in an external drive case and connected it to another computer with a USB cable. I then did a complete format of the drive and reinstalled it in the original computer. I then loaded the Operating System on a clean drive. After I did that everything loaded without a problem. If you have more questions you can e-mail me direct at bama.2@comcast.net. Be sure to put a “dot” between bama and 2.

Roy

The problem for me turned out to be Microsoft.net framework. It looks like this software will only run on 1.1 version. As soon as I removed all the updates and newer versions and reinstalled v. 1.1 the software ran fine.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.