Hello.

As of today i have been experiencing problems with my computer. It was working fine the night before. If anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated.

The problem is my computer starts up and then right before it gets to the "user select" screen i shuts down and restarts. Every time it starts up the blue screen pops up saying one of your disks needs to be checked for concsitancy...and so on.
I dont know what to do.

I dont have any cd's in. Ive tried starting the computer in safe mode but after 5 minutes its still on the same screen and doesnt start up. Ive tried all i can think of.
Please, If someone has any advice at all it would be appreciated.
-Thank you.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Every time it starts up the blue screen pops up saying one of your disks needs to be checked for concsitancy...and so on.

Does it do the chkdsk ,if so,dose it say it fixes anything.
if it doesn't do the chkdsk,then boot computer with you winxp cd in the drive and go to recovery,click on R for repair ,at the prompt type in, chkdsk /f ,and see if that helps .

http://www.computerhope.com/chkdskh.htm#03

If i do the chkdsk it says it repairs the same things every time. It repairs a cross link file of some sort then continues with the problem. Ill try the cd and let you know. Thank you.

Hmm. I cant find the xp cd. IS there any other possible way that someone or you know o to boot it up and running?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.