heres my problem:
my computer was working fine and normal, i turned it off normally. i turn it back on and it says windows did not start properly, reasons could be power cut, incorrectly turning it off, new installments blah blah, and it wouldnt let me get on to windows after that. so i installed windows xp again.
everything else works normally, but!!! my speakers do not work. i just thought it was the speakers themselves, so i went out and bought new ones, but they don't work. however...my speakers worked before i installed windows xp again.
theres no volume icon at the bottow right, it wont play any sounds at all... all i get is this message ''c-media ac97 audio device (code 10)'' i have done everything troubleshoot has said over and over again. what shall i do??? please help me? i need sound, help would be greatly appreciated!!!

c-media ac97 audio device

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Have you checked to make sure that the correct drivers are installed for the card? Go to the Device Manager and see if there is an error icon next to the sound card.

Have you checked to make sure that the correct drivers are installed for the card? Go to the Device Manager and see if there is an error icon next to the sound card.

yes i have tried that... i have the up to date drivers. ''c-media ac97 audio device'' has a yellow exclamation point next to it??? if that helps??

Right-click on it and go to Properties. What does it say the problem is?

Right-click on it and go to Properties. What does it say the problem is?

This device cannot start. (Code 10)

Click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter for this device.

that is what it says about that status of the device, but i have done everything the troubleshooter has said???

Try reinstalling the drivers. These would either be on the motherboard CD, or on a separate CD which came with your sound card

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.