Hi

I have ms-office 2003 on my comp and want to continue using that ... but some of the friends have started using ms-office 2007 (which i dont like) .... so the problem is that the format of excel file is different(.xlsx) and wen they send files i m not able to view the files ... tried using Excel Viewer but of no use ..???

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Hey tell your friends to send you the files in other format ... ask them when they save the file ... u get an option as to in which format u want to save ... ask them to save in .xls ...!!!

This is exactly what is wrong with Microsoft. They keep introducing incompatibilities.

Tell your friend to follow the following steps while saving-

Alt+F-> Save As-> Microsoft 97-2003 Workbook

This is the compaatible mode. :)

or better yet just change the option on office 2007 to always save in doc instead of docx and xls instead of xlxs

You can download the Office 2007 Compatibility pack. Allows office 2003 to read offfice 22007 formats (Word, Excel, Powerpoint but not access)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.