I have installed software in order to produce slideshows incl. audio and transitions.The system allows me to select slides/audio tracks etc. but the minute I select Video CD or Exec. file etc. the programme shuts down and I receive.- Rund DLL32 caused an invalid page pault in module Kernel 32.:sad:Any advice appreciated but I have been told forget ME and get XP. The programme does work fine on the wife's laptop (XP)

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I have installed software in order to produce slideshows incl. audio and transitions.The system allows me to select slides/audio tracks etc. but the minute I select Video CD or Exec. file etc. the programme shuts down and I receive.- Rund DLL32 caused an invalid page pault in module Kernel 32.:sad:Any advice appreciated but I have been told forget ME and get XP. The programme does work fine on the wife's laptop (XP)

Just tried again with slightly different error message appearing:-
Run dll32 has caused an error in KERNEL 32 DLL and will now close.
At this point the progarmme shuts down.

Have you tried a google search about your DLL error problems?
You might try this...First, back up the registry. If you have never done this, do a google search on what steps to take. Then after backup is completed, Click Start/Run and type in scanreg /fix.
This will reset all settings to original default and should not change or erase any data. (note the space between the g and /). Shut down computer, wait a couple minutes then restart. May fix your error problems. Sometimes with windows ME on boot-up, not all DLL load and you will get the error message. I have done the above and I use to have ME - got tired of it - bought XP update and overlayed the install onto ME. Did not lose any documents, pictures, data but now have SP -works fine. Good rebates are now available on XP update.

Many thanks for the reply.I have looked at all the pros and cons of ME versus XP and I think that your reply has finally convinced me.I do use XP on the laptop and I must confess-it is a better system by far.Also USB connectivity on ME is a nightmare.Once again thanks Fes.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.