a friend of mine has 3 computers where he recently installed xp and after 1 to 2 days he sees this error message on start up(on all 3 comps)-THE INSTRUCTION ( OX01830781 ) REFERENCED MEMORY At ( Ox018d256C ) the memory could not be read.press ok to terminate program.

he says sometimes this problem crops up sometimes it doesnt.and on asking which program did he install recently,he said yahoo messenger and MS office.please tell me the solution.

a friend of mine has 3 computers where he recently installed xp and after 1 to 2 days he sees this error message on start up(on all 3 comps)-THE INSTRUCTION ( OX01830781 ) REFERENCED MEMORY At ( Ox018d256C ) the memory could not be read.press ok to terminate program.

he says sometimes this problem crops up sometimes it doesn't.and on asking which program did he install recently,he said yahoo messenger and MS office.please tell me the solution.

not sure what program is causing it but because it happens on startup ,it should be easy to fix ,get him to go to start/all programs and check the startup folder shortcut there and remove any program shortcuts there MS office usually puts itself there ., if none there get him to go to start/run ,and type in "msconfig" minus the quotes,and go to startup tap along the top ,and uncheck the programs that don't need to be running on startup ,like office and yahooo messanger and windows messenger and the like .

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.