I am new to this site and apologize if this question has come up before. We have a Coordinate Measuring Machine that has software that only works using Windows NT. We can upgrade the software for a cool $6k. Or we can use the proven system available to us. The only problem is finding printers that will work for this operating system. I downloaded an utility from dell that will allow USB 1.1 usage on NT. I just need to find a printer that will work on it!

Any help or suggestions would be great.

Thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Does it not work on XP in compatibility mode?

Why not use a network lazer or something?
the older HPs like NT4 fine

i deleted the duplicate of this thread

I can't seem to get the configuration correct to network to a printer. I was told that all I need to do is get it online. But I can't get it to.
I am not sure what you mean by XP compatibility mode?

I am not sure what you mean by XP compatibility mode?

means when you load software on a winxp machine you right click on the softwares install .exe and choose comparability mode and choose win NT mode .or you install the software if it will let you , and you right click its run icon and chose compatibly mode then .

there are still printers sold out there that work through LPT. any of those should work on NT4

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.