I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this, but I'm having trouble accessing one website on this PC. The website (www.worldofwarcraft.com, yes har har har, laugh it up) just recently started loading the home page, but continues to refuse any of the inner pages (i.e. Account Management, etc.) This began in late August when my PC was hacked. I know it's not an IP block because I can still access from any other computer in the house. (I've got 3 other Macs, and it loads on PS3, Wii, and PSP browsers.) While I can still manage my account from other computers, this is understandably a nuisance as I play the game on this computer and occasionally need to get on the site to update, download, etc. So, in short, the website is blocked on this computer, any ideas how to get rid of that block? (I'm running Firefox.)

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Have you cleared the browser's cache and cookies?

For Firefox it's under Tools>Clear Private Data.

Thank you for your reply. Yes, I have cleared my cache and cookies. If this adds or removes to the confusion at all, when I manually remove the http://www. from the link after it's clicked, the page will load.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.