hello to alll and thanks for checkin this out
i am on a Dell laptop with windows vista and i have been having some weird problems with my internet connection. i recieve my internet from a wireless router on the downstairs computer. it connects to the laptop perfectly but for some reason every couple minutes or so my internet will take very long to load pages and things of the sort. it is not the connection because i had a friend brign over his laptop and it did not act that way on his. i have ran a bunch of different virus type scanning applications and all have come up with no problems. if anyone has any suggestions that would be awesome!
thanks for reading!
kilegoty

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

What are the specs of the laptop? how much RAM, what processor, etc?

2 gb of RAM
Dual Core - 1.73 GHz
its pratically brand new

how does it act if you hook it wired to the router .could be an issue with the quality of the Dell wireless device and it maybe dropping the connection

i have had it directly connected to the ethernet cables at my house and at a friend's house and it doesn't do the weird connection things...
i am not sure about the wireless situation though - the computer is practically new

i am not sure about the wireless situation though - the computer is practically new

Yes but its a Dell [meano like Dell ] ,I would check there site for updated drivers for the device .or if it that new give Dell support a call and complain about you problem .

I had the same problems.
If you didn't have connection problem with other operation system, that mean's you are in trouble with windows vista.

But you can solve the problem as I did.

Setup Service Pack 1 of Vista and update your router's firmware.

Best Regards

thanks a lot for the advice man
ill give it a try and let you know what turns up
can you please be more specific when you say "update your routers firmware"?
waaaay over my head man haha
thanks
kilegoty

"Setup Service Pack 1 of Vista and update your router's firmware."

Sounds like good advice.
Go to your router manufacturer's site and look for a firmware update. This usually explained somewhere on the site. Basically, you just download a small file and run a program from the router web page to update.
Read carefully and it's simple.

actually most routers have a spot to click on and it will check for and install the update from within the routers setup ,

thanks a lot for the advice man
ill give it a try and let you know what turns up
can you please be more specific when you say "update your routers firmware"?
waaaay over my head man haha
thanks
kilegoty

If you give me the product model and name of your router, I can help you to find updates of your firmware.There must a explanation to setup also.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.