Hello all. I've got a Vista laptop and an XP desktop connected to a wireless ADSL router (Comtrend). Previously, I was able to view both computers over the network, share files and play LAN games. As of this afternoon, it appears the LAN network has crapped the bed.
Both computers can still connect to the internet via the wireless router, however, they no longer see each other on the network and I'm unable to play Serious Sam 2 over the LAN anymore (bummer!).
Some things to note:
- Desktop is XP Pro running service patch 3
- Laptop is Vista Home running service patch 1
- Can ping the router from either machine
- SOMETIMES able to ping laptop from desktop and vice verse...sometimes NOT (weird?!)
- Vista machine is running Private Network (as is suggested by other resources)
Anyway, I've attempted to research solutions on the web for the past few hours, but haven't had any luck. Hope y'all can guide me through this network weirdness. Thanks in advance for any help or direction.