Hi,

I'm having problems with the Citation and Bibliography function in Word 2007. When i add a new source (using the Manage Sources button) it adds successfully but I get no preview of what i've just added. Just a message saying:

"Citation: Invalid Source Specified"

When i try and insert the bibliography into the document i get the message:

"There are no sources in this document"

I've tried repairing the install, and uninstalling/re-installing numerous times and have had no change, apart from an occasional instance of the Bibliography buttons being grayed out, and the style dropdown box reading "Missing".

Can anyone please help it's driving me mad. Thanks

Me, too. Is there no answer to this?

Hi,

I'm having problems with the Citation and Bibliography function in Word 2007. When i add a new source (using the Manage Sources button) it adds successfully but I get no preview of what i've just added. Just a message saying:

"Citation: Invalid Source Specified"

When i try and insert the bibliography into the document i get the message:

"There are no sources in this document"

I am also having problems with the Citations and Bibliography function in Word 2007. I've entered sources and when I go to the Source Manager, in the preview pane it says "Invalid source specified" next to "Citation:" and "There are no sources in the current document." under "Bibliography Entry:" both before and after copying the source from the master to the current document.

I've tried Zotero which works with Firefox. It's okay, but I'd prefer to use the Word bibliography. I sure hope someone finds a solution to this problem soon.

Judy

The solution for me was to format my hard drive and start again from scratch with clean installs of vista and office 2007. Bit drastic but it solved the problem for me!!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.