Hi,
I am running XP Pro on a P4 2.8 computer with 256 MB Ram with MS Office 2003 installed. The computer also has Adobe Acrobat 4.0 and 5.0 installed. Whenever I open a Word Document it opens fine (even a blank doc) however when I close it I get a "Microsoft Visual Basic - Run-time error '91': Object variable or With block variable not set" box pop up. saying Continue, End Debug or Help. I also get a Microsoft message about Non Responsive message blah blah blah asking me to send details to Microsoft.
I have run a full virus scan, updated Windows XP to SP2 and installed all the security updates. I also updated Office 2003 to SP2 and then run the updates on it as well. I deleted the Normal.dot file in Word (templates) and let it recreate itself however I still get the same message.
In Word when I open Tools, Templates and Add Ins I see 2 entries for PDFMaker and I can remove one of them but not the other.
Could this be the problem ?

Funny that no one has responded to this yet.

Try searching for PDFMaker.dot.
Your file may be in a different lcoation than mine. I found mine the Program Fles\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\STARTUP.

Delete it or rename it if you don't want to delete it. Simple rename is old_PDFMaker.dot. When I did this it stopped the problem. This is not needed in the startup folder. It will still run the program if needed, just not in a flash. Hope that this works for you.

Funny that no one has responded to this yet.

Try searching for PDFMaker.dot.
Your file may be in a different lcoation than mine. I found mine the Program Fles\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\STARTUP.

Delete it or rename it if you don't want to delete it. Simple rename is old_PDFMaker.dot. When I did this it stopped the problem. This is not needed in the startup folder. It will still run the program if needed, just not in a flash. Hope that this works for you.

This doesnt work with my error 91 problem because I dont have a PDFMAKER.dot file anywhere on my machine. I was told to run Mpreg.exe or copy the MB private or MBpeople database from my machine or their machine.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.