Hi, my folder options are not showing and i cant unhide folders or files. can anyone tell me how to enable folder options and make them visible.please help.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

If you find that in your windows “Tools -> Folder Options“ is not visible and you can’t access it from the Control Panel too. Also if you can’t access Registry Editor in Windows, then follow this tutorial to fix the problem:

1.) You can enable Folder Options by simply editing the Windows Registry. Just type regedit in RUN dialog box and it’ll open Registry Editor, now goto following keys:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Policies\Explorer
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Policies\Explorer

And in right-side pane, check whether a DWORD value named NoFolderOptions exists or not? If it exists then either change its value to 0 or delete it

:) your to fast lol great job.

i cant access the registry even if i enable it,so how can i do it without going to the registry.

Xp pro or home?
Which service pack?

Try safe mode.

scan your system for for viruses and trojans coz the there isnt just a problem with unhiding your folders only.escalate to system recovery if needed

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.