i have an application that won't even start up because of a kernel32.dll error.

is this the type of file i can move to a different location, download a later copy of, put the later copy of in my system32 file and then reboot and it won't screw up my reboot and my system or is it insanely foolish to do and since the program that will not work is not critical maybe I should take a chill pill and relax.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

i have an application that won't even start up because of a kernel32.dll error.

is this the type of file i can move to a different location, download a later copy of, put the later copy of in my system32 file and then reboot and it won't screw up my reboot and my system or is it insanely foolish to do and since the program that will not work is not critical maybe I should take a chill pill and relax.

6 day and no answers ,maybe because you expect us to guess what type of file it is !!! please enlighten us !

6 day and no answers ,maybe because you expect us to guess what type of file it is !!! please enlighten us !

i'm sorry.

HP Total care Advisor.

The Kernel32.dll file handles memory management, input/output operations, and interrupts. When you start Windows, Kernel32.dll is loaded into a protected memory space so that other programs do not take over that memory space.

On occasion, you may receive an invalid page fault (IPF) error message. This error message occurs when a program tries to access the Kernel32.dll protected memory space. Occasionally, the error message is caused by one particular program, and other times the error message is provoked by multiple files and programs.

If the problem results from running one program, the program needs to be replaced. If the problem occurs when you access multiple files and programs, the damage is likely caused by damaged hardware.

You may want to clean boot the computer to help you identify the particular third-party memory-resident software. Note that programs that are not memory-resident can also cause IPF error messages.

The following conditions can cause Kernel32.dll error messages:

* Damaged swap file
* File allocation damage
* Damaged password list
* Damaged or incorrect version of the Kernel32.dll file
* Damaged registry
* Hardware, hot CPU, over clocking, broken power supply, RF noise, ground bounce, or bad hard disk controller
* BIOS settings for Wait states, RAM timing, or other BIOS settings
* Third-party software that is damaged or incorrectly installed
* .dll files that are saved to the desktop
* Non-existent or broken Temp folder
* A control panel (.cpl) file is damaged
* Incorrect or damaged hardware driver
* Incorrectly installed printer drivers or HP Jetadmin drivers
* Damaged Java Machine
* Damaged .log files
* Damaged entries in the History folder
* Incompatible or damaged dynamic link library files
* Viruses
* Damaged or incorrect Msinfo32.exe file
* Low disk space

More on the possible causes:

Bad memory modules:

You can test your memory modules by inserting the command: DEVICE=C:\WINDOWS\HIMEM.SYS /TESTMEM:ON into your Config.sys file. You can use the System Configuration Utility:

Select Start>> Run and type: msconfig [Enter]

Next, select the Config.sys tab and add the HIMEM.SYS line (above) by pressing the New button.

Windows will tell you to reboot your computer.

Watch your screen for a message; "HIMEM has detected unreliable memory at address xx:xxxxxx" which will certainly indicate that there's a memory problem.

Note: Memory problems may not immediately surface from the result of this test. It may take many reboots or even a few days for the above message to appear.

CPU, bus speed or multiplier overclocking.
* Graphic acceleration set too high:

Select Control Panel > System, then select the Performance tab, click the Graphics button. Turn down Hardware acceleration by moving the slider a notch to the left, reboot, try again.

* Bad or outdated drivers, especially video drivers:

Check with your card manufacturer for an updated set of drivers. Video drivers are updated constantly, it pays to have the latest release, especially if you find yourself having problems with Internet Explorer. What to do if you have Kernel32.dll IPF ("Invalid Page Fault") error?

This error occurs when an application tries to access kernel32.dll's protected memory space. It may be one particular program or application, or multiple files and applications. Most kernel32.dll errors are NOT caused by a corruption of the kernel32.dll module.

If the error seems to arise when activating a certain program, application or device, you should try uninstalling and re-installing that program, application or device.

If you frequently receive Invalid Page Fault in Kernel32.dll Errors from different drivers (Explorer, Guide.exe, Msgsrv32, Commgr32, Mprexe and others), it is possible that a damaged password list file is the culprit. Try re-creating your password list file:

In Windows Explorer select your \Windows folder

Press F3. This will bring up the Find: All Files window

In the 'Named' box type: *.pwl

Click Find Now

When a list of found files is displayed, select Edit> Select All> Press Delete on your keyboard

Exit the Find window and restart Windows

Note: This procedure will cause you to lose all of your saved passwords. Be sure to write them down before deleting so that you can re-insert them as needed.

SYMPTOMS

When you close an Internet Explorer browser window, you may receive the following error message:
* "Iexplore caused an Invalid Page Fault in module Kernel32.dll"

You may also receive one of the following error messages when you close Outlook Express:
* "MSIMN caused an Invalid Page Fault in module Kernel32.dll."
* "MSIMN caused an Invalid Page Fault in module Unknown."

Cause

The causes of the kernel32.dll error message are as varied as the messages themselves. The kernel32.dll file is involved with memory management in Windows.When Windows is started, kernel32.dll is loaded into a protected memory space so other programs don't attempt to use the same space in memory to run their operations.

Resolution

Method 1

If the "invalid page fault in module kernel32.dll" error occurs only when you use a single software program, the software program is most likely to blame. It can be repaired by uninstalling and re-installing program.
Method 2

Run a virus scan. Some specific computer viruses cause kernel32.dll errors as part of their damage to your computer. Quarantining the virus may resolve your issue entirely.
Method 3

Test your system memory for damage. Kernel32.dll error messages from random programs and activities in Windows could be a sign of a hardware failure with your computer's memory. One of these programs will clearly identify if you have a problem or give your memory a clean bill of health.
Method 4

Perform a repair installation of Windows XP. If individual software reinstallations and hardware tests fail to resolve the problem, a repair installation of Windows should replace any damaged or missing files that may be causing kernel32.dll messages.

More other related dll files: KERNEL.DLL, k2cap32.dll, koc.dll, kodakcms.dll

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.