hello,

i got a problem..
i don't know where should i ask..

i got two server..
im only using 1..and the second one is for backup..

problem now is...i don't know which backup software is suitable... i found 1 software..its to expensive...my budget only around 2-3 hundred..

this is the link that i found..

http://www.acronis.com.sg/enterprise/products/ATIES/?source=sg_googleATIES&ad=server+backup&gclid=CNzWyuyyoJMCFRQbewodhixZrA

please help me out..

thank you so much...

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

how do you want the backup to work? the free backup solutions, like ntbackup which is included in windows, can be suitable for some of the needs

thanks Dima Yasny,

im sorry..but do not understand what u mean?

i need to download the software.. but i dont know which one is suitable..

i have found so many...sample software...so im in confused...

hope u all can help me...

thanks

what do you want to back up exactly?

The backup serevr will be required to take over operation and prevent the system down should the main server failed at any reason. It's database will be syncronized all the time with the main server, without any lost of data should the primary server fail at anytime.

Hope you understand.

ok, I do now.
what you're looking for is a failover cluster. you can either set one up using microsoft cluster services, or buy some third party software like XOsoft Wansync, DoubleTake, Neverfail-R2 etc.

MS clustering is free, if you have windows 2003 enterprise edition. but you need a shared SAS or SCSI (or even SAN) storage to host the quorum.
that can be achieved by buying a DAS/iSCSI or SAN box, or by setting up a third server using software iSCSI target services

thanks for the info ... i'll try to look up for that

Hi

If your still having trouble with this i think you should try Dmailer Backup Free its very good local and online backup software, It is also network capable for you situation. THis may be the easiest way to fix your problem.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.