Contributors
Replies
Views
9 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Ludwig Fleck

I found a way to do it if you don't mind loosing your page breaks.

1. From Excel, save the active worksheet as an HTML file, this will create a file one page long (HTML does not care about page breaks set up in Excel).

2. Using Adobe Acrobat 7 Pro, use the Web capture feature to capture the HTML file just created from Excel, the resulting PDF file will have the active hyperlinks, but the breaks may not occur where you want them.

3. You will also notice some headers and footers in the PDF, if you go back to your browser and set the page printing preferences not to include these and recapture the html file from Adobe Acrobat Pro, you should get a clean pdf file.

A bit crude, but it works....

http://www.adobe.com/education/pdf/etd/etd_lesson2.pdf

Also I tried it in EXCEL and printed it to ADOBE.PDF as my printer driver and it kept my hyperlink that you see above.
1. I opened a blank Book.xls.
2. Then I went to INSERT menu and clicked HYPERLINK added my link.
3. Using Adobe Acrobat CS3 I used the PRINT command and selected ADOBE.PDF
4. It printed a PDF with the hyperlink above and launched the file from the internet and opened the PDF.

TA DA all done.
Cheers!
Jim

To keep the hyperlinks that Excell contains, I did not print in PDF nor in HTML but I save the document in PDF (File > Save as > PDF).

Edited by Ludwig Fleck

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.