Hello, a few months ago I started not being able to view javascript. Google ads, chats, javascript popups, chats ect. I use Mozilla firefox but I have the same prob on IE (Yes javascript is enabled on both). I use XP and run Nortions Internet Sec 2005 although I have this same problem when it's turned off.

I have done everything I can and it still doesn't work. Any help will be helpful!

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

Even when NIS is turned off, it is still running in the background and still does affect stuff. I've found this out the hard way with Norton Personal Firewall in the past. Try actually killing all of the NIS processes that are running and then let us know if that worked. Are you using any other kinds of programs to block ads, popups, etc?

I'm not sure what processes to delete from the task manager, any tips?

I'm not sure myself, since I don't use Norton. But any process that contains the word norton, or nis, etc. Perhaps a Norton user can offer more assistance?

chances are you cant kill them, it leeches your whole system...

Hi there!

i use Norton as a firewall, and i have the same problems! i can´t visit some pages, pop-ups won´t work and so on and so forth....

so i "googled" around one day (same day as i became a member here), and found this page...here´s what i did in Norton (so far, i haven´t digged in what is the problem).

(i have to say that i use the swedish version, so what i write is my own translation, so it might not be correct)

+ first i shut off the firewall by rightclicking on the icon in the lower window (can´t remember what´s the name of that space...you know where the clock is).

+ then i de-activaded all that i could
- safety
- personal firewall
- intrusion discovery
- secrecy
- pop-up block
- norton anti-spam
- child safety

i then tried a page that i have wanted to reach for a looong time (before i found this page it didn´t work at all)...but now...voilá!! it works!! finally!! :cheesy:

...now i just have to find out why Norton does this... :?:

i hope my post can be of some service...

Hi there!

i use Norton as a firewall, and i have the same problems! i can´t visit some pages, pop-ups won´t work and so on and so forth....

so i "googled" around one day (same day as i became a member here), and found this page...here´s what i did in Norton (so far, i haven´t digged in what is the problem).

(i have to say that i use the swedish version, so what i write is my own translation, so it might not be correct)

+ first i shut off the firewall by rightclicking on the icon in the lower window (can´t remember what´s the name of that space...you know where the clock is).

+ then i de-activaded all that i could
- safety
- personal firewall
- intrusion discovery
- secrecy
- pop-up block
- norton anti-spam
- child safety

i then tried a page that i have wanted to reach for a looong time (before i found this page it didn´t work at all)...but now...voilá!! it works!! finally!! :cheesy:

...now i just have to find out why Norton does this... :?:

i hope my post can be of some service...

i later turned on i norton:

- safety
- personal firewall
- intrusion discovery
- secrecy

and it works now for me to visit pages with javascript. i have still no idea why norton blocked me from those pages... :?:

I have tried to close down Norton Internet Security to kick start the java, but instead, I get blank screens on it. :'( What can I do?

Hello, a few months ago I started not being able to view javascript. Google ads, chats, javascript popups, chats ect. I use Mozilla firefox but I have the same prob on IE (Yes javascript is enabled on both). I use XP and run Nortions Internet Sec 2005 although I have this same problem when it's turned off.

I have done everything I can and it still doesn't work. Any help will be helpful!

have u installed
1. java run time environment
2. macromedia shockwave player
3. macromedia flash player

Thanks for mentioning the fact that I would actually have to HAVE the java run time environment installed. I couldn't figure out how come I could see java scripts with my Internet Explorer browser, but not with Mozilla Firefox. D'OH!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.