in windows2000pro what is the command to choose what programs i want to start a boot. it was msconfig and is msconfig in winXP, why was this command removed in 2000 anyway??

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

In Windows2000pro what is the command to choose what programs I want to start a boot. It was msconfig and is msconfig in winXP, why was this command removed in 2000 anyway??

Try JV16 Power Tools (it's free), available at http://www.vtoy.fi/jv16/index.php -- it runs under all versions of Windows, does what msconfig does and more, and does it better.

MSConfig was left out of 2000; but you can copy the XP version to the 2000 machine without problems.

another thing is i have noticed my laptop has really slowed down when it shuts down, this time also seems to get longer. it does this at "now saving your settings"
what could be causeing this, i have plently of RAM and a new CPU.

...I have noticed my laptop has really slowed down when it shuts down...

Added any new software, updates, or patches lately? Or updated drivers? That can cause shutdown problems.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.