Hey, everytime I close it IE, a damn error pops up saying it has to close the program.. but I just closed it! Is gets very annoying and it's giving me a headache. I can't find any help anywhere on the web! Can you please help me? In event Viewer I notice there are 2 error creating each crash. They are labeled as:

"Faulting application iexplore.exe, version 6.0.2900.2180, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x01d7217d."

And the second:

"Fault bucket 131829237."

I've tried to uninstall IE then reinstall it, put it back to factory specs, and atleast TRIED to take it off as my default browser (which never totally happens cause it's so embedded in the system that somesome links pop it up anyway and so on).

I would be gratefull of any help!! Thanks!!!!

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Hey, everytime I close it IE, a damn error pops up saying it has to close the program.. but I just closed it!

When you close IE, the visual/graphical component will close first, but other non-visible components of IE take a bit longer to finish closing after that, hence the delay in the error display. (It also takes a moment or two for the system to log the error and generate the error window.)

The fault error message isn't identifying a faulting module, which makes it difficult to say specifically where the problem lies. Try some general recommendations and see if they help to clear things up:

- Delete all of your cookies and Temporary Internet Files (including "Offline Content"), and clear your History. You can do this through your Internet Options control panel. Empty your Recycle Bin afterward.

- Go to Microsoft's Windows Update site (you will need to use Internet Explorer to do this); download and install any critical fixes which are available for your versions of Windows and IE.

- Do a full system scan for viruses and spyware; those malicious programs can cause all kinds of problems with IE. If you currently have an anti-virus program installed, make sure you have downloaded the absolutely most current virus definition updates for it. If you do not have an anti-virus program installed at the moment, you can get a free online scan at the following site:

http://housecall.trendmicro.com/housecall/start_corp.asp

To find out more about how to detect and remove spyware, please read through the threads at the top of our Security forum.

Get Firefox :cheesy:

Yeah, well... that too. :mrgreen:

Unfortunately though, you still need to use IE to use the Windows Update function; it doesn't work with any other browser. :(

Unfortunately though, you still need to use IE to use the Windows Update function; it doesn't work with any other browser. :(

Meh, I'm over it ;)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.