I get this error for script each time I go on line. One is error # 15; one is #41.

Also I am getting a RunTime error 429,active x component can't create object.

I'm a novice at computers so would greatly appreciate any help.

MLMB329

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

For your 'script error' try this: With IE open, click on Tools, click on Internet Options, and then click on the Advanced tab. You should see a heading that says Browsing, and under that, one that says Disable script debugging. If there is not a checkmark at this, put one there.

For the RunTime Error, have you installed any new software recently? You can try a google search for the exact error message you're getting (along with the new software, if any) and see if anything comes up that will help.

The script and runtime error are mostlikely cause by the same thing ,the fix it tools as mentioned above will most likely fix both errors !

For your 'script error' try this: With IE open, click on Tools, click on Internet Options, and then click on the Advanced tab. You should see a heading that says Browsing, and under that, one that says Disable script debugging. If there is not a checkmark at this, put one there.

For the RunTime Error, have you installed any new software recently? You can try a google search for the exact error message you're getting (along with the new software, if any) and see if anything comes up that will help.

Can you help me please?!!! This looks similar to the other issue you have helped with?

I cannot print off either an open web page in explorer an open Email on outlook express. Whether I use the print menu or the print icon on the task bar the same thing happens. The Message reads:

IE script error
an error has occurred in the script on this page
Line 228
Char 1
Error Interface not recognised
Code 0
url res://C:\WINDOWS\system32\shdoclc.dll/preview.dlg
Do you want to continue running scripts on this page?
yes no

It does not matter whether I select yes or no or close the message - nothing happens and I still cannot print!

If I enable script debugging in Internet Explorer the result stays the same but the message changes to :

X A runtime error has occurred do you wish to debug?
Line: 227
Error: Interface not recognised
Yes No

If I select no or close it it will not print
If I select yes I get a screen with:

Just in Time debugging
Please select a debugger
Possible debuggers
New instance of Microsoft script editor
Do you want to debug using the selected debugger?
Yes No

If I select yes it goes to a screen with script editor which displays the line in question but says it is an unknown exception!
I then need to close the editor down to get back to the web page or email.
I can select and copy to Word and print off any of the stuff without a problem.

Any ideas?!
I have looked at the MSN help stuff and think that reinstalling XP is the only thing left to do.
Ta
Andy

Problem solved. Solution was that I had added SP2 update to windows XP and it automatically added a firewall. I already had McAfee personal firewall running so there was a conflict. I disabled the SP2 firewall and now everything works fine.Hopefully this info will help someone else .undefinedundefined

Can you help me please?!!! This looks similar to the other issue you have helped with?

I cannot print off either an open web page in explorer an open Email on outlook express. Whether I use the print menu or the print icon on the task bar the same thing happens. The Message reads:

IE script error
an error has occurred in the script on this page
Line 228
Char 1
Error Interface not recognised
Code 0
url res://C:\WINDOWS\system32\shdoclc.dll/preview.dlg
Do you want to continue running scripts on this page?
yes no

It does not matter whether I select yes or no or close the message - nothing happens and I still cannot print!

If I enable script debugging in Internet Explorer the result stays the same but the message changes to :

X A runtime error has occurred do you wish to debug?
Line: 227
Error: Interface not recognised
Yes No

If I select no or close it it will not print
If I select yes I get a screen with:

Just in Time debugging
Please select a debugger
Possible debuggers
New instance of Microsoft script editor
Do you want to debug using the selected debugger?
Yes No

If I select yes it goes to a screen with script editor which displays the line in question but says it is an unknown exception!
I then need to close the editor down to get back to the web page or email.
I can select and copy to Word and print off any of the stuff without a problem.

Any ideas?!
I have looked at the MSN help stuff and think that reinstalling XP is the only thing left to do.
Ta
Andy

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.