Hello to all, i am having trouble with my computer, in fact this problem has been with it since it was built, i do not know too much about the workings but it has the 2.4 pentium 4 processor, windows XP home, and an Azza mainboard i do not know much else about it, anyway i have asked a lot of people about my problem including computer savy people but no one can tell me what is wrong so here i am hoping someone can help me, i am not technical minded but even though i am 81 years old i am still keen to learn, ok my problem

Sometimes when i get an email say from ebay for example and they direct me to two items i have been watching that is ending soon, ok i click on the blue link of the first item and it opens no worries BUT when i click on the next item blue link it, the link wording turns orange but the link will not open, sometimes i then click on it with the left mouse button and at the same time hold down shift and sometimes, not always it will open,what is wrong is it in the configuration of the computer or what.

Thank you very much
George

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

what does all that mean,or rather what has it got to do with my problem

Hi Mr Mac
When you click the first link and it takes you to the destination. first click on the white of you mail page where the link is and then on the second link.See if that works.

Hi, thank you for your interest i appreciate it, but no that will not work, it is strange really, it appears that i am mainly having trouble opening links that originate from my mail, outlook express. as i said before if i get an email from say ebay and that email ditects me to two items for me to open and look at, then when i click on the first item it will open that link but when i go back to open the second link it will not open, sometimes if i hold down the shift key and at the same time left click the link it will open, but only sometimes

HI
I get what you're trying to say. Sounds like a very minor problem, I know It can become annoying. The only thing I can think that it might be is eighter a small bug thats causing you're OS or MAil to behave like that. It might also be the link that's displayd as a link/ improper link.

If you wanna check if its a virus than you can go to http://www.daniweb.com/forums/forum64.html , and ask the guys there to have a closer look at you're HighJackThis log witch you can also post there.

Cheers for now
sittas

Thanks but i am sure it's not some sort of bug, all my scans with Norton etc are ok , i have had this problem for a long time, maybe i can try and explain better, you know how when you receive a (think it is called a link) you know it comes up in blue writing normally when you clik on it it will open, well for me it does open the first time but once you have opened it the writing which was blue turns redy color then it will not open again unless you get right out of it and come back, gosh i am confusing myself here wish i knew more about it, i do think it is in the computer settings

I get similar behavior on occasion. What I do is click somewhere else on the window that has no links, only white space. After that the blue link will usually work right.

Another thing you can try is copy the link location onto your computer's clipboard and paste it into your browser's address edit box that appears at the top of your browser, then press <Enter> key at the end of that address. That will tell you if that link is valid or not. To do this, put the mouse on top of the blue link, right-click and you will see a menu. One of the menu items is "Copy Link Location".

thank you very much i will try that

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.