I've downloaded Sims 2 however I get a message when trying to launch it saying: Do not have compatible graphics adapters.
Please help me, my daughter is very upset, she wants to play her new game.
Thanks,
mindspew

Recommended Answers

All 16 Replies

Had you purchased it as you're supposed to people might help you.
We're not here to support criminals stealing software or anything else.

Reported for criminal intent. Hope you gained a nasty virus downloading and installing your pirated software.

Please do not try to use DaniWeb for assistance with downloaded or otherwise pirated software.

This topic is in relation to a legitimate copy of the game, which has been installed, rather than an illegally downloaded copy. Please, people, don't confuse the terms.

Reported for criminal intent. Hope you gained a nasty virus downloading and installing your pirated software.

I've downloaded Sims 2

A lot of people use this term, when they actually mean installed from a cd .

I've downloaded Sims 2 however I get a message when trying to launch it saying: Do not have compatible graphics adapters.
Thanks,
mindspew

If you purchased this cdrom game then it would tell you the system requirements on the jewel case ,Sims 2 is telling you that your computer doesn't have a good enough Video Card in you computer ,you options are to take it back or have you Computers video card upgraded ,in other words you would need to buy a new video card at a local computer store and have it install in you computer .thank

In response to the original question, the error message indicates that the display adapter in the PC is not of a standard required for the game. Sims 2 requires a 'Hardware Transform & Lighting' capable display card. Either the PC does not have one, or the correct display drivers are not installed. What are the technical specifications of the PC please, or the manufacturer make and model of it?

Edit: Beaten to it! Check that the display card is correctly installed in Windows before you go spending more money though ;)

In response to the original question, the error message indicates that the display adapter in the PC is not of a standard required for the game. Sims 2 requires a 'Hardware Transform & Lighting' capable display card. Either the PC does not have one, or the correct display drivers are not installed. What are the technical specifications of the PC please, or the manufacturer make and model of it?

Edit: Beaten to it! Check that the display card is correctly installed in Windows before you go spending more money though ;)

Thank you for understanding that I used the incorrrect term. I have a HP 6630.

If this is your computer , HP Computer I don't think you will be able to play that game with it, and don't think it will be upgradeable even !

Agreed, the only upgrade possible to that machine is the addition of a PCI display card, and that upgrade is a waste of money, in my opinion.

The system is not really suitable for playing modern PC games, unfortunately.

I appreciate all of the replies. Sounds like it's time to purchase a newer computer.

Thanks,
mindspew

I found this site because my daughter also had the Sims 2 for Christmas and, like nearly everyone else in the universe, she cannot play the game because we either do not have the necessary graphics card or don't have enough GHz on the computer. She too is really upset.

My eyesight isn't good enough to have seen the tiny warning at the bottom of the game case about "transform and lighting graphics adapter" whatever that is! :eek: I feel the company who make the game have mislead people and the warning should have been much clearer to understand.

The computer is only 3 years old and we have made sure the memory has been kept upgraded. It was the very best we could afford when we bought it and didn't expect it to get so much out of date quite so quickly. The computer has just come back from the workshop as I was hoping to have the graphics card upgraded. But it seems that even this wasn't enough to get this stupid game working. Now we've decided to sell the The Sims 2 and buy something which will work.

Sorry to moan without offering any help but I needed to get this off my chest!

NELL :-|

I found this site because my daughter also had the Sims 2 for Christmas and, like nearly everyone else in the universe, she cannot play the game because we either do not have the necessary graphics card or don't have enough GHz on the computer. She too is really upset.

My eyesight isn't good enough to have seen the tiny warning at the bottom of the game case about "transform and lighting graphics adapter" whatever that is! :eek: I feel the company who make the game have mislead people and the warning should have been much clearer to understand.

The computer is only 3 years old and we have made sure the memory has been kept upgraded. It was the very best we could afford when we bought it and didn't expect it to get so much out of date quite so quickly. The computer has just come back from the workshop as I was hoping to have the graphics card upgraded. But it seems that even this wasn't enough to get this stupid game working. Now we've decided to sell the The Sims 2 and buy something which will work.

Sorry to moan without offering any help but I needed to get this off my chest!

NELL :-|

Sorry to here that ,but a computer is outdated the minute you walk out the door with it!:)
I couldn't get it to work on mine either ,Glad I got it from P2P to try before going out and buying it.
Im glad

Yeah, my PC has the same problem, damn. LOL, dont anybody want to buy any of the 3 The Sims 2 I have, all brand new, 2 DVDs (I bought first not ralizing i dont have a dvd drive) and the cd imma keep until i upgrade, if u wanna buy it mindspew, i'll sell 'em to you for cheap, maybe $30 plus shipping and handling should cover it. pm me n let me know. NOT SPAMMING, just trying to get the person from being a download thief

I love it when people say they have reported the police etc. They never do <3

I did report this thread to the site administrators... If it had been my site I WOULD have contacted law enforcement.

Its nice sometimes to have downloads, but then again, when I see the industry losing money, 'eh not sure, kinda feel bad. So I try about 99% hard to purchase something instead of downloading it, you know.

I did report this thread to the site administrators... If it had been my site I WOULD have contacted law enforcement.

As explained, and confirmed, in posts #3 and #7, this was a legally installed game.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.