Hey guys,
Here's my story:

I had a HDD: Data, ~300GB
I created a partition for another OS
I'm done with the OS, remove the partition
Now, it shows up as unallocated, and I can't find a way to merge it back to the drive it belongs to!

A screenshot is attached. For the record: I want to merge the unallocated "partition" on Data with Data so it regains it's ~40GB.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments compmgmt.PNG 53.98 KB
Contributors
Replies
Views
8 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Rik_

There are programs that will allow you to re-size the drive with your OS on it but I now believe you must buy them as the trial versions will not complete the job. Your best idea is to activate the 39Gb partition and use it as a back-up or data storage. That way it is usable and you will not run the risk of corrupting your OS drive.

Get GPartEd or Pmagic [which includes Gparted..], free GNU bootable cds which will do that which you desire.

Uninstall and reinstall your firewall. Some of its rules may be corrupted/incorrect now.
GPartEd -live-0.3.4.7 works for me; I cannot get the GUI working with the 3.7.7 version, and anyway it's much bigger on file and does nothing more. Pmagic works fiine for me also.

Hi
I'll recommend Partition Magic. Great tool, very friendly and straight forward.
Ask Mr Google hell have it for ya. :)

Cheerz

Yep, Partition Magic does a great job of either doing what you want, or destroying what you want... :)
I just glanced at your screenshot; you've got 175GB of data on D: ... I would not DREAM of interfering with D: with ANY partitioning tool. Just make the unallocated space a new partition. Like E:
A much safer play.
And I wondered where that firewall post got to.. it's in the wrong thread! Here boy, tweet tweet... cmhere, ya sod...

Beware of using partition magic, It destroyed my disk and I had to reformat the disk.lost all data.

Yep, Partition Magic does a great job of either doing what you want, or destroying what you want... :)
I just glanced at your screenshot; you've got 175GB of data on D: ... I would not DREAM of interfering with D: with ANY partitioning tool. Just make the unallocated space a new partition. Like E:
A much safer play.
And I wondered where that firewall post got to.. it's in the wrong thread! Here boy, tweet tweet... cmhere, ya sod...

Beware of using partition magic, It destroyed my disk and I had to reformat the disk.lost all data.

I think if they were going to use partition magic they might have used it by now... This was posted in Sep 16th, 2008

I think if they were going to use partition magic they might have used it by now... This was posted in Sep 16th, 2008

Noobs just don't read, do they Bob?:icon_rolleyes:

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.