My sister has recently been receiving some errors concerning .net framework, so I ran windows update as a preliminary measure. It proceeded through steps one and two of the installation process and then asked to be restarted. After being restarted, it came back and said "Configuring updates: Stage 3 of 3". The status reached 100% complete, the computer restarted itself, but then it began "Configuring updates: Stage 3 of 3" all over again. This has been repeating itself cyclically for the past thirty minutes or so. Is there anything I can do?

Thanks,
Adam

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

mhh! I think you need to monitor when it starts i.e When Bios starts before loading OS - That black screen, and see which key points to recovery (mine is F11)

Run System Restore and you should be fine!

Hi there,
I am having exactly the same problem. Is there any way to disable windows update? I have tried everything I can think of!!!

This is the first post I look at and half hour ago I updated vista omg whats gonna go wrong for me.

Hi there,
I am having exactly the same problem. Is there any way to disable windows update? I have tried everything I can think of!!!

Here you got it:
Start menu\Control Panel\Security

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.