Because my computer run slow,I reinstalled windows system yesterday.But now I can't find some drivers,VGA,Sound Card and so on.I listented that some softs can scan hardware .Somebody tell me how to find out the drivers and where are they download the drivers.My English is not well,I hope you understand my problem.Thank you!!!!

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Because my computer run slow,I reinstalled windows system yesterday.But now I can't find some drivers,VGA,Sound Card and so on.I listented that some softs can scan hardware .Somebody tell me how to find out the drivers and where are they download the drivers.My English is not well,I hope you understand my problem.Thank you!!!!

Well you could remove everything from the computer and get the numbers off the cards and stuff and search www.driversguide.com for them !
or you can ust a program to tell you whats on the computer and it may even give you a link to a site to get the drivers .Get the home editionHERE

If the program doesent give a site to goto ,it should at least give the name of the chipset of the video or sound or what ever and you can go the manufactoe site of check on driversguid .for the drivers !

Yes, do what caperjack suggested. That site is truly a gift from god. Heres what you do. First take off the case to your PC, the touch the power supply (obviously that sexy beast is unplugged.) touching the Power supply will remove the static electricity from your body then one by one unplug everything from you PC. (all the things it will no read) Boot up the PC. Then it will be like W*F were is everything. Then shut down. Reinstall everything followong the same instructions to open it up. When everything is back boot up and windows 2000 and above should do all the work for you. If not look to the hardware manuals.

Thank you caperjack,sphyenx.My problem aleady resloved.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.