I am currently using Win XP Pro and my computer locks up after logging on to the Internet, Why?

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

I am currently using Win XP Pro and my computer locks up after logging on to the Internet, Why?

how are you loggin onto the internet?

ISP, type of connection, stats for the computer, (read the stickie please :)) and what browser

Had a problem like this before and it turned out to be the modem driver was crashing windows. You need to give a little more info though.

I'm with Redshift in that it's a 99+% probability of a modem driver problem. Please specify brand and model of your modem.

US Robotics 56k win fax modem. My browser is MS Internet Explorer 6.0. It doesn't always crash, sometimes when I go to different web sites. What other info do you need?

Watch for spyware too. I had an occurance when I went to a company that allowed their employee to use things like kazaa and google toolbars and they use to cause internet trouble too. Gator was the main problem in most cases.

www.ad-aware.com

US Robotics 56k win fax modem. My browser is MS Internet Explorer 6.0. It doesn't always crash, sometimes when I go to different web sites. What other info do you need?

Specific site names that are crashing. You did not say, originally, that only some sites were causing problems. That makes a big difference.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.