I work in the IT department. I have been given the task of compiling a list of all the Access databases we have on our server and creating an Excel spreadsheet (using MS office 2007) with certain data such as name of database, access date, owner etc.

My problem is if I do a search using My Computer the list I'm given is perfect except I cannot get that data from that screen into Excel. Using Command prompt is very cumbersome and I can't seem to get a good format to save the data and it be useable.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

have you tried the Data tab / Text to Columns command in Excel to delimit the data from the redirected text file?

Yes I have tried that but when I get a list using Command prompt it has so much information in it that when the cells are split in Excel using the Data / Text to Columns the data is not put into useable columns. I'm also new to using MS Office 2007.

Dumb question time. Have you tried the Indexing Service?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.