hi
i am using win XP SP2,working in LAN & using Administrator account.
i want to disable other user from changing my ip from local area connection so that none other can change my ip or can view ip. please tell me any configuration. i am not going to use local account & my administrator accounts password will remain blank

Thank you

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Are you using a static or dynamic ip? You should be able to restrict access to the tcp/ip properties by group policy. Who do you want to hide the ip from? The local computer user?

Are you using a static or dynamic ip? You should be able to restrict access to the tcp/ip properties by group policy. Who do you want to hide the ip from? The local computer user?

thanks for reply. I am using private ip ( 172.16.4.xx) . i tried in group policy but its not working.. the reason for hiding ip is we have all computer connected in lan some pcs are having internet connection & some are not .so whichever system are not having internet they sometime uses internet machin's ip & starts browsing & all of them must work in administrator aaccount. so to avoid this i am trying to disable users from changing ip.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.