I been having some problems with Spyware Guard 2008 and all. This happen 1-2 weeks ago. I noticed some problem and then after a while I assume just to go look for Spyware Guard 2008 stuff, just because it was out there. After a bit of learning some more tricks and all, I keep deleting more stuff that is related to the "SG'08". I went trough search, manually through my comp, check through command prompt, and went through Regidit (though I am not really sure how Regidit work, but I only deleted "SG'08" stuff). The problem is 'rebooting' and also When I go back to normal mode and see if it is deleted, it is not. I am wondering is there more than just deleting it all? Side thing for you all to know are; I do know comp stuff and persueing in Comp Sci., I keep finding more files the more time I check online for what to deleted and I wonder if there is a site to check if the program is bad or just normal. I don't know what else I should post so I'll just let you say what I should do.

I can't get as to what exactly you are saying?? Does your computer reboot on startup??

As far as deleting is concerned..just doing that does not clear traces of a file. you must uninstall it..try doing that now from 'Add or remove programs'..A software(anti-spyware\virus,etc.) installs various files of itself in various parts and finding them individually and identifying is too much of a daunting task..

I can't get as to what exactly you are saying?? Does your computer reboot on startup??

As far as deleting is concerned..just doing that does not clear traces of a file. you must uninstall it..try doing that now from 'Add or remove programs'..A software(anti-spyware\virus,etc.) installs various files of itself in various parts and finding them individually and identifying is too much of a daunting task..

Well... It like when I try to reboot or I think also for the ms config, it seems to have the same effect as 'restore to last good checkpoint' and that checkpoint is before I delete the files. So pretty much it just restarting the files again where I deleted them. I check everywhere, and I tried that even and it like nothing really just the same as spywareguard.exe on process from 'alt-ctrl-delete'. And the uninstall does nothing.

Well it seems like it could have been partly due to the Fix-it being on after Mac-a-Fee been on a while. Fix-it was before I started school and it was not used.. Though it is fix now.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.