I'm sure that many Office 2007 users are totally hacked off at the choice of colour scheme available and the lack of contrast at the top border.

For example, if I've got Word and Outlook on the same screen, more often than not I end up minimising Word rather than Outlook as I had intended.

What ideally I would want to do is to independently change the top bar of Ourtlook to a colour, say blue.

If that's not possible, I'd like to have a non-standard colour schem from a pallette.

Has anyone cracked this or found the registry entries (I looked) that might control the colour scheme settings?

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Hi Suspishio,

Micrsoft lets you change the default color scheme in Office 2007. Here is how to do it.

Access
Click the Microsoft Office Button, and then click Access Options at the bottom of the window.
Click Popular, and then click the Color scheme that you want.
Top of Page

Excel
Click the Microsoft Office Button, and then click Excel Options at the bottom of the window.
Top of Page

Outlook
In an open item, click the Microsoft Office Button , and then click Editor Options at the bottom of the window.
Top of Page

PowerPoint
Click the Microsoft Office Button, and then click PowerPoint Options at the bottom of the window.
Top of Page

Word
Click the Microsoft Office Button, and then click Word Options at the bottom of the window.
Top of Page

Thanks for that, starfire. I knew that stuff, of course. But what I want is to have Outlook (e.g.) coloured independently from Word. because what you've said is the standard method for changing the Office 2007 colour scheme- and when you do it in an Outlook message (e.g.) all of Office 2007 changes with it.

Still totally sh*tty and unproductive!

Do you know a very nice application Advanced Outlook Repair. It is a powerful tool to recover messages, folders and other objects from corrupt or damaged Microsoft Outlook PST files.

Your brother got shares in the company?

This is one of the things that really bugs me about most commercial software. When I try to do a simple task, the software does other things "for me" that I didn't want. Examples:

- Office changing the color scheme of all of the products, not just one.

- A music production program I use always assumes that I want to loop the music track I am working on, so it defaults the loop switch to ON.

- Every art program I have defaults to putting the file in the Pictures folder in My Documents. I want each picture in the project folder I am using. This costs me some time as I must move the active folder each time I create a new file.

- Every art program I use also dithers the image to make it look like a photo. I want line drawings, not dithered images. I have to go through a complicate process to keep the image a line drawing in the format I need it to be in.

- A document processing program I used to have resets the printer when it starts. This causes a delay in using the printer, and also kills any print jobs already in it.

- Whenever Microsoft updates a program, most of the settings I made are gone, and Microsoft's default settings are back.

- QuickTime changes my defaults to using QuickTime whenever it installs an upgrade. It also installs itself in such a way that it can't be uninstalled without reinstalling Windows. I won't let it on any of my computers now.

This is one of the things that really bugs me about most commercial software. When I try to do a simple task, the software does other things "for me" that I didn't want. Examples: .......

- Every art program I use also dithers the image to make it look like a photo. I want line drawings, not dithered images. I have to go through a complicate process to keep the image a line drawing in the format I need it to be in.

Well said on all counts!

I picked out the "art program" point because I use Adobe Streamline to vectorise images.

Maybe you could install Outlook in a different folder.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.