What do I click on to determine WHICH verzion do I have? Is IE 8 actually out for commercial use?

Are there any OUTLOOK legitimate repair downloads out?> And IF I download IE 7 or 8 does this also update OUTLOOK?

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

If you have XP SP2 you have IE6 at least. if you have support for tabs, then you have IE7 at least. IE8 looks a lot like IE7 and is currently at release candidate stage. You can download it from the ms website but its not finalised yet.

Do you mean Outlook or Outlook Express?
Outlook has extra crap like calander etc.... and is bundled with Office professional.

Outlook Express is most likely what you mean. It isnt maintained anymore. You are stuck with version 6.

Outlook Express doesnt exist at all on vista. On vista its called Windows Mail. This is also set to be obsoleted in the near future by the new Windows Live Mail.

Thanks you clarified, I have IE 6 I Think I thought you could RIGHT click somewhere to deterimine?

If you can pull up my other posts, you can see I an issue with outlook express NO CALENDER., not sure how to fix that..

Well outlook express isnt supposed to have a calender...

djm123,

Hi, my name’s Feran and I’m working with the Internet Explorer Outreach Team to provide assistance and help answer questions people might have about Internet Explorer.

Like jbennet said, the IE8 release candidate is currently available. You can also check out the IE8 blog - http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/ . It will post something as soon as they do make the announcement of the final release. So anyone interested in the final IE8 release may want to keep an eye on it.

The official site provides a good overview of all the new features, as well as answers for many frequently asked questions that users have: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/internet-explorer/download-ie.aspx?ocid=ie8_sm_b
I hope this helps and let me know if you have any more questions!

Feran
Internet Explorer Outreach Team

to check you ie version..go to Help menu..then go to "About IE" a pop window will appear and it will show your IE version

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.