I was having problem with my Computer. It refused to connect via LAN/Ethernet and found due to MS update. I used system restore and connected. Then I updated it and refused dialup connection. I restored again (That why I think of shutting off the Updates). From first Restore, my avast Icon at taskbar became grayed. Do anyone know how to make it normal?? :-O

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

I was having problem with my Computer. It refused to connect via LAN/Ethernet and found due to MS update. I used system restore and connected. Then I updated it and refused dialup connection. I restored again (That why I think of shutting off the Updates). From first Restore, my avast Icon at taskbar became grayed. Do anyone know how to make it normal?? :-O

I am not familiar with Avast, but if it's anything like AVG then the grayed out icon would be to the definitions being out of date. This would make since because you did a systems restore. Try updating the avast.

Dear.

This may be due to A Trojan Virus named Trojan.DNSchanger that changed some DNS setting on your computer. So i suggest Yyou can download some third party Trojan killer to scan the system then kill the virus first.

If you are using some third party security programs such as Norton, McAfee, etc. you can turn the Trojan protect function, then scan to kill the Trojan.

Remove Trojan or viruses
=====================================
1. Download freeware Anti-Malware Remover from

http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php

Let it scan your computer and it well be okai.

I Uninstalled and re-installed Avast and everything went fine

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.