Does anybody know were I can get a download of Microsoft Windows 1.0 ISO download? Thank you.

Recommended Answers

All 13 Replies

You mean BOB? I think thats illegal. I am sure microsoft still has a copyright even on old BOB.

"Bob"? what is that, a codename of some sort? I have seen some websites and talked to some peopel who have gotten it for free legally.

No, its not legal to download it.

Abandonware != freeware

Its still copyrighted software.

And tiger86, windows 1 is not the same as MS Bob, bob came out in like 95, whereas windows 1 and 2 came out in the period 85-90

Try Googling on: "windows 1.0" torrent ...
Sure you will find it, I found at least one torrent ...

Please dont post anymore on this thread.

I think that there copy writes expired and it is legal but I am not sure. Whatever nothing is coming out of this thread I will close it.

They are still copyrighted. Copyright lasts a minimum of 50-70 years after death of the holder, and microsoft is still going.

You might be able to buy a copy of Win1.0

I saw Win98se available for $55 :) (Very good price)

I would rather buy a copy myself! (I love 98se so much)

I have seen that commercial... isn't it great

When i was looking around my house a few months ago i found a copy of windows 95, 98, ME, 2000, plus i have XP and vista so i have all of there (or not so) resent OS. So i wanted all of them that is why i wanted windows 1.0 and all the rest.

The weird thing is i never had windows me or 2000 and i never talenteded them...

Nice info about windows 1.0 plz give me more info about this.

Justin

Unrelated to this (sort of) i was cleaning out my house and must have found 2 CDs with windows 95 and floppy disks with 95 on them. (is that possible?)

Unrelated to this (sort of) i was cleaning out my house and must have found 2 CDs with windows 95 and floppy disks with 95 on them. (is that possible?)

This could be possible, but they're certainly not from one package :)

Windows 95 has existed in Floppy Disk version AND in CD version (though, the CD version offered some extra features) ...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.