This started a couple of months ago, probably and it has me baffled.

I primarily use Firefox 3 as my browser, but also have IE 7 installed. From time to time, if I go to MySpace (using FF) and then try to leave, everything hangs up for a few seconds, then all of a sudden, an IE window will open up and MySpace will start opening up in tab after tab. During this, the computer is totally useless, locked up. All I can do is stare at the tabs opening up in the IE window. The only way I can get out of it is either to just power down the computer (using the power button) or to bring up task manager (it will come up, but it takes a minute). I will end the process for IE, only to have it come right back. If I keep on ending the processes, sometimes I can eventually get it to quit, but more often than not, I just have power down.

Does anyone have ANY clue what this could be from? I assume it's related to MySpace in some way, because it's never happened with any other site. I have run numerous spyware, adware and virus scans since this started and never find anything.

Thanks in advance! :)

Thanks for responding!

Actually Spybot S&D is one of the ones I've run. And it comes up with nothing. My husband found that the only way to really get out of it quickly when it happens is to open up task manager and end iexplorer.exe, firefox.exe and explorer.exe.

I am still at a loss here! :-/

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.