I am currently using Microsoft Office XP Small Business Edition that did not include PowerPoint, so I was attempting to load PowerPoint only and instead, overwrote my entire Microsoft Office XP Small Business with Microsoft Office XP Professional. When I realized this, I tried to remove the professional version since my Small Office Edition was still showing in my add/remove program folder. I assumed it would revert back to the original but did not. I lost all my email, Word and Excel files. We have no computer support in our office so I tried to repair my small business edition and was able to restrore my Word & Excel files but continue to get a message when I attempt to open Outlook. Here is the message:

Unable to open your default email folders. The .DLL file for the information service could not be found. MAPI was unable to load the information service PSTPRX.DLL. Be sure the service is correctly installed and configured.

Now I am not a computer programmer. I am just a computer user but if someone could tell me what to do to help me retrieve my email files, I would be very grateful.

Thank you,

lilichill
lilichill@aol.com

You punted this software in my thread too - and that topic was about the Office Colour Scheme!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.